Wednesday 21 January 2009

Grabbing Garden Goodies

I love Garden centres... big, small. it makes no difference and I am always on the lookout for something different or a real bargain! However sometimes you can pick up some really good value supplies in bargain shops in town as I did the other day. The items you see in the photo here cost me just £6 and I know for a fact they would have easily cost double in the Garden Centres.
I do try to recycle what I can in the greenhouse and we make our own compost. I also try and save seed from certain plants and then sow them the next year...oh and take cuttings and divide plants whenever possible.
Tomorrow if its not too wet ,will pop out and see if the spring bulbs have made any further progress.
Let me know if you have a daffodil or crocus in flower!