Monday 1 June 2009

A day at Speke Hall and June in the garden

























































































































I have been spending most evenings lately in the garden until well gone 9pm trying to finish all my pots of bedding plants so that come July and August should have a pretty summery display .The resident Thrush has been singing along madly on the house roof until really late and I managed to catch him in full voice so to speak in the photo .





We had a lovely weekend and took a trip to Speke Hall nr Liverpool, in fact it's very close to the Airport. I last went there some 30 years ago and remember it as being a little jaded and tired looking at the time but the National Trust took over in 1986 and since then they have restored the gardens and by the looks of it done a tremendous amount of work. I will be going back soon as there is so much to see and do.
Have also been catching up with some scrapbook layouts , getting a few ideas lately and trying to do at least one or two a week.I have decided to look further back to some good family pictures for inspiration. I've put a few up here and will be putting a few more soon.
Don't know how long this lovely weather will last but I am trying to enjoy it while we can and today went out on the bike twice which was lovely.
Have also put up some snaps of lovely Tom my gentle ginger cat and some of the summer flowers now looking nice in the garden.